Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Is Surgery For Prolapsed Bladder Safe?

youth leader launches anti-Chavez harshly criticizing Insulza: "It has become mute" Who else


Wednesday November 24, 2010
Source: The Second
"He has visited Venezuela to lobby and follow the game at Chavez, but nothing more, "claims the young politician, who reveals that the OAS Secretary General said he was" exhausted to make statements and respond with insults Chavez. "
When Julio Cesar Rivas Castillo appears in the Hyatt Hotel in Santiago not believe she's one of the main leaders of youth opposition to the Venezuelan government of Hugo Chávez.

Following a low voice, a thin body and a timid, this 23-year-old graduate of Commerce hides a passionate concern for his country and a political career in the Active Youth Movement Venezuela Unida (Javu).

for its role in student demonstrations against Chavez, who describes as a "murderer, who should rule the country" - Rivas has been imprisoned twice and has been arrested over a dozen times. When he ran for Congress last September, was kidnapped for several hours. They threatened him and then threw out of Caracas. Julio Cesar Rivas

arrived yesterday invited by the foundations Chile Jaime Guzmán and Hanns Seidel. He met with Senator Jovino Novoa UDI will participate in several conferences and aims to meet with the ministers of Interior, Rodrigo Hinzpeter, and Justice, Felipe Bulnes.

"We want Chile to have it as an example. Not only for the economy and growth, but also by the change towards a government of a democratic right, "he says.

"The OAS is a club of presidents"

Rivas has a critical look at the role of the OAS and, specifically, of its secretary general, Jose Miguel Insulza, against Venezuela.

When he was arrested - "in a common prison with murderers and rapists" - for organizing protests against Chavez, "there were marches and hunger strikes for my freedom. My mom went to the OAS headquarters in Caracas and Chávez Insulza called asking for my case. Deputy Minister of Interior and Justice went to jail and offered me outside the U.S.. I refused and then they let me go. " "Then

Insulza triggered his release.
I do not know if I like that. I joined a hunger strike to obtain the release of 56 political prisoners. With that we invited the OAS in Washington and met with Insulza. I told him that the Chavez government has violated all the points of the Inter-American Charter. And he said he was aware of the situation in Venezuela, but he was exhausted to make statements and respond with insults Chavez.

- What will you answer?
-I considered unacceptable, and I reproached him with others, such as Honduras, he immediately mounted on a plane and went to see what passing, but in Venezuela where there are dead and wounded by this struggle for democracy, the OAS did not even give a clear statement. Insulza visited the country to follow the game lobby and Chavez, but nothing more. This time he said he would do everything possible to encourage a decision, but did not comply.

- returned to talk to him?
"Back in Caracas did another hunger strike and there I had other conversations with Insulza, including some I have them because they were registered by mail. I pointed out that the Inter-American Charter empowers you to visit Venezuela, but I said that was impossible because the Chavez government had to authorize the commission. Radicalize the strike and that Insulza again pledged to personally visit Venezuela. We're still waiting.

In his view, "Insulza has been very ambiguous (...) It has become mute and has not gone to Caracas, it involved an issue of Venezuela would have cost him several votes for reelection."

- Do you think that the OAS has no influence?
"It is a body which guarantees democracy. It is a club where only defend presidents among them. Chavez's petrodollars have created a silent accomplice in the region that is not the fault of Insulza.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment